For those with the passion to discover, imagine and create the future, “on-the-go” access to workstation-class computing provides the freedom to work wherever inspiration strikes.
The Dell Precision M4500 joins Dell’s family of mobile workstations, which includes the world’s most powerful 17-inch mobile workstation available today, the Dell Precision M6500.
The new mobile workstation is designed to liberate creative professionals, designers, animators, engineers and research scientists from their desks. The M4500 also supports the missions of defense customers who require mobile workstation performance and security, including authentication and data encryption, when in the field.
The M4500 is the world’s first 15.6-inch mobile workstation to offer an optional SSD MiniCard for additional high-performance data storage and user selectable thermal tables that keep systems cool and extend battery life when full power isn’t needed. In addition to the M6500, the M4500 provides near instant access to e-mail, calendar, contacts, the Internet and virtual remote desktops, with a new technology called Dell Precision ON.
• Available with optional Intel Core i7-920XM Quad Core processor Extreme Edition, Intel Core i7 and Core i5 processors linked with fast 1066MHz and 1333MHz memory for compute intensive and memory bandwidth sensitive applications;
• Optional NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M or Quadro FX 880M graphics with 1GB of dedicated memory for large models and models with high texture;
• Optional HD+ sRGB LED 15.6-inch screen with 120 percent user selectable color gamut support;
• Optional 3MP camera and Gobi 2.0 mobile broadband support with a multi-touch touchpad for greater user flexibility;
• Enables easy portability with a starting weight of only 6.0 lbs; and,
• Support for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, along with Red Hat Linux 5.3 64-bit.
The Dell Precision M4500 mobile workstation will be available for order globally in the coming weeks.